Come on, be honest.
Part of you thinks it was crazy of me to work eight years of my life to build up my career, professional network, personal community, and language skills – just to leave Switzerland and move to the 3rd poorest country on the planet.
I get it, “Who does that?!” (facial expression matching cow above).
Well, I do. And in my debut guest-post with IBI* you will come to understand the rationale (yes, there was one) behind this plunge into a whole new world.
- How knowing your “why” and “how” is critical for making a big change with wisdom and confidence
- My “secret recipe” for establishing connection (even in places where it is hard to make contacts)
- How I could possibly write, “Burkina Faso is the Switzerland of West Africa.”
I share these important lessons for building your international life, and more, in Taking the Plunge Into a New World.
When you´re finished, pop down to the comments section below to answer these two important questions:
- Where has it been the toughest to make personal connections?
- With the benefits of hindsight, what do you wish you would have done differently then?
I can´t wait to hear from you!