Knowing what to expect is half the battle of adjusting abroad
In my interview with Tayo Rockson from UYD Magazine we intended to offer our best advice to international students who are starting afresh in the United States. What to expect? How to adapt? The result of the interview, though, goes well beyond insight for just international students:
- A young professional wanting to find connection outside of work while on his first assignment overseas
- A university student on study abroad who is feels socially awkward with peers in her new environment
- A high school student about to attend university in another country and feeling uncertain
- An expat looking for a way to better understand her roller coaster life
In this in-depth yet playful interview, you will discover:
- What most “internationals” don´t expect about culture shock
- How applying a unique 4-square model of change can help you move through cultural adjustment with clarity and purpose
- Six powerful milestones anyone can focus on – even during a challenging year
- The kind of celebrating that is good for your brain
For these insights and more, join me here: UYD Media International Identity
And if you know, love or work with someone who falls into any of these categories, please share. It just may make a positive difference in their own adventure.
When you´ve finished the podcast, join me in the comments section below and share the most important thing to keep in mind when you move abroad.