You know the feeling you get when you hear a word in another language that doesn´t exist in yours, but it is what you have been searching for to finally describe your experience? Schadenfreude comes to mind. Or perhaps dépaysement.
This feeling of understanding and, even further, self-awareness is what our special guest has given to over 10,000 expats and counting around the world. By giving language to the changes and challenges expats feel from their time abroad, Naomi Hattaway, Founder of the online group I Am A Triangle, has created not only a community but also a global movement.
We are delighted to have Naomi join us on Expat Happy Hour, where we explore:
- Why we crave community yet try to hide this
- Why having a tribe of people who “get it” is so critical
- How she got started and why she does it
- The unexpected challenges of reinventing yourself
- What is often missing when we are struggling to change our experience abroad
- The one thing you can do to set yourself up for success before you get to a new location
Listen to Community and Triangles with Naomi Hattaway so that you can find the tribe that will help you be happier and more successful abroad.
Here is to finding our tribe.
P.s. If you want to read the post that spurred this movement, you can find it right here.