This is a hard episode for me to share.
And that seems ironic because I created it in celebration of the 20th anniversary since I first moved abroad.
20 years ago I hopped on a plane for Toledo, Spain and had NO IDEA what I had ahead of me:
- Meet a Swiss guy in Vietnam, who later becomes my husband
- Cry my eyes out on Friday nights
- Have two gorgeous bi-cultural kids
- Struggle to order two beers in German without someone asking, “Wie bitte?”
- Coach CEOs in German
- Live in a high-risk area for malaria
- Navigate the uncertainty in a country during an attempted coup d’etat
- Deliver training in India, Germany, France, Switzerland, Burkina Faso, and more.
There is a lot I am glad I didn’t know back then.
And there is even more I am grateful for.
If you have followed me for even a short time, you KNOW that I’m a firm believer that you gain immeasurably from living abroad. And you know that I deliver straight-talk about the hard stuff.
In Episode 87, Don’t Make These 3 Mistakes, I walk you through my 20 years of “the hard stuff.” I sat down and mentally walked through what, with two decades of hindsight, felt tough. I know I missed some important bits. And I know I could do the same for what I have gained, for what is amazing. But today is straight talk on:
- Where I struggled
- What I have learned the hard way
- And the 3 mistakes you should not make, because I did.
I debated re-editing this to share more of the positive. But then I decided not to because I want you to know that I have also struggled. I get it.
And I know with my whole body that if you´re living an international life, you need a strategy. Can you listen here and learn how so many of the strategies I share with my clients were discovered the hard way.
And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Because without these raw experiences, I couldn’t share what I have learned with you.
Join me in the upcoming free training, 5 Tips to Finding your Purpose & Direction, where I share proven strategies to take back control of your life abroad.
Don’t miss it – sign up right here.
Here is to turning raw experiences into proven strategies.
p.s. If you are ready to get off the sidelines of your life, and find more purpose and meaning, check out Year of Transformation. Apply now and get the chance to hop on the phone with me for 30-minutes of free coaching.