Do you have any tips for intercultural relationships in times of extreme stress when it feels like you’re speaking a different language, even when you’re not?
Everyone in an intercultural relationship”
Being in a relationship is challenging enough.
Then add another culture, a crisis or a massive stressor.
Helllloooo disaster waiting to happen.
I get it. I have been there.
- Had a baby.
- Started a new job.
- Moved to another continent.
- Went through a political crisis.
- Solo-parenting across countries.
So have my clients. So have you.
If you are in the middle of something really stressful right now, here is what I have to offer:
When you are in extremely stressful circumstances, you need extreme measures.
In this week’s special episode of Expat Happy Hour, 3 Things You Can Do When You Are Extremely Stressed, you will discover:
- Why you need to do the opposite of what you want when you are stressed
- What has to double-down when you are speaking with your partner
- A new concept I’ve only shared with clients till now that will help save you a big fight
And as my special gift to you, I have gathered a list of go-to resources that will help you practice these strategies:
- When You Feel a “Big Talk” Coming On, Do This First.
- Self-Care for Expats with Diana Dorell
- Less Stress, More Pleasure with Dr. Kendall Ritz
- Drop Endurance and Adopt a Resilience Mindset
- Managing Stress and Avoiding Burnout
- Doing This for 10 Minutes a Day Can Be Better Than Marriage Counselling
- Top 10 Ways to Make Relationships Work – Even When You Live Abroad
Listen in on these top three strategies and then dive into the list above for more.
Here is to extreme measures for big benefits