Last updated: May 2018
- Sundae Schneider-Bean GmbH is a Swiss-based company with registered seat at Birkenweg 26, 3293 Dotzigen, Switzerland, (“Sundae Schneider-Bean“).
- Hosting services for our website is provided by Bluehost, a web hosting company owned by Endurance International Group. Mobile applications may be hosted by us or by other companies.
- The term personal data used herein applies to all personal information relating to an identified or identifiable person (“Personal Data“). This includes information such as title, name, gender, address, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile number, IP address, payment details, and other information like the pages you looked at and your reactions to offers displayed on the IT-Platforms.
Personal Data Collection
- You can access to and browse on most areas of our IT-Platforms without having to provide personal details. However, the access to certain areas and functions of our IT-Platforms may require registration of certain Personal Data. By entering your Personal Data in the fields requested, you enable Sundae Schneider-Bean to provide you with the services you select.
Use of Data Collected
- We collect your Personal Data so that we can understand how our IT-Platforms are used, customize our IT-Platforms for users, assist the use of the IT-Platforms and improve the IT-Platforms generally.
- We also collect your Personal Data to manage and fulfil purchase (e.g. to invoice our products, podcasts etc. or send you a confirmation order) and other orders and to deal with any other of your enquiries and requests.
- We also collect your Personal Data to send you information (including via e-mails) we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about us, our products and services and our business partners, provided you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes.
- We also collect your Personal Data to prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and as part of our efforts to keep our IT-Platforms secure.
- Please note that we expressly reserve the right to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data you submit, in particular with regard to contact details (postal address, email, phone, etc.), financial information and the purchase of our products or use of our services.
- You can conveniently subscribe to our Sundae Schneider-Bean Newsletter in the available opt-in areas. Simply enter your e-mail address in the field provided and the click on “OK”. We will send a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you register.
- If you no longer wish to receive news updates from Sundae Schneider-Bean, simply click on the “Unsubscribe” link that you find at the end of each newsletter.
- Definition of cookies
- On our IT-Platforms, we use tracking technology such as cookies. Cookies are small files that are saved on your computer or mobile device when you visit or use our IT-Platforms. Cookies save certain settings via your browser as well as data regarding information exchanged with the IT-Platforms via your browser.
- Most of the cookies that we use are temporary, exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. We also use permanent cookies which survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognize your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again. Depending on the type of permanent cookies, they remain on your computer or device for a period and are then automatically deactivated after the programmed period has expired.
- Cookies help us to make a number of functions on our IT-Platforms available. For example, cookies will enable the IT-Platforms to remember your preferences such as language or product preferences so that you do not have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the IT-Platforms or browse from one page to another.
- By using cookies, we can also analyze how our visitors use our IT-Platforms. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our IT-Platforms, the platforms that referred them to our IT-Platforms and the pages that they visited on our IT-Platforms. This information enables us to create more user-friendly and effective IT-Platforms, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our IT-Platforms.
- What kind of information is stored in cookies?
- Cookies capture usage information such as the date and time of your visit, the IP address of your device and the operating system you use. Additionally, cookies may store information with regard to the sites you came from before you arrived on our IT-Platforms. Also, cookies may allow us to track the topics you were researching on our IT-Platforms.
Cookies from third parties
- Cookies on our IT-Platforms may also be served by a third party service provider such as advertising partners.
- These cookies help our partner companies to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. They will enable our partner companies to display advertising that is tailored to your interests. These cookies are permanent cookies, which will stay on your computer or device for a period and are then automatically deactivated after the programmed period has expired.
- As with our own cookies (see Section 6.6 above), the information stored under those third parties cookies is anonymous under randomly designated user ID numbers.
- Our IT-Platforms may also use so-called re-targeting technology. This technology allows us to display advertising about our products on third party platforms. We do this by analyzing user behavior from information collected by our cookies. This kind of information is also anonymously collected with a cookie ID.
Managing your cookie preferences
- Whilst visiting our IT-Platforms, certain information is automatically sent from your browser to our server log files where it will be saved. This information relates to your activity on our IT-Platforms and includes: time and date of visit to our IT-Platform, which pages were viewed whilst on our IT-Platform, your IP address, the URL of the website which linked you to our IT-Platform, how much information has been stored and which browser you have been using.
Sharing of Personal Data with Affiliated Companies and Third Parties
- Likewise, we may transfer our databases containing your Personal Data in case Sundae Schneider-Bean or substantially all of its assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of a merger, sale, consolidation or liquidation.
- In addition, we may also process your Personal Data and pass it to third parties where this is necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable legislation and/or regulations, check compliance therewith or respond to enquiries from responsible authorities.
Web Analysis Tools
- We may use web analysis tools, such as Google Analytics, for the purpose of evaluating how people use our IT-Platforms. Typically, these tools are provided by third parties. As a general rule, the information required for this analysis is captured by cookies on an anonymous basis and sent to a third-party server. Thus, depending where the server is located, the information may be sent abroad.
- Our IT-Platforms use so-called social plug-ins of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest or Instagram. Those social plug-ins are identifiable by their social network logos on the IT-Platforms.
- When you visit our IT-Platforms, these plug-ins are deactivated by default, i.e. without your intervention they will not send any data to third parties. The plug-ins are only activated if you click on the icons. They then remain active until you deactivate them again or delete your cookies.
- When you visit a page of our IT-Platforms that has an activated plug-in, your browser will establish a direct connection to the server of the respective social network. The plug-in content will be directly transferred by the provider’s server to your browser and integrated on the page you are visiting. For this purpose, the internet address of the visited site (your IP address included) may be transferred to servers based abroad where the data are stored. This will occur even if you do not have an account of the concerned social network or are not logged into it at the time.
- If you are logged into the social network you visit may be immediately linked to your social network account. If you interact with the plug-ins, for example by clicking “Like”, or entering a comment, the corresponding information will also be transmitted directly from your browser to a server at third party and saved there. The information may also be published on the social network and shown to your contacts.
- If you would like to prevent the social networks from lining your personal information concerning your visit to our IT-Platforms with the social networks in questions, please log out of that social network before entering our IT-Platforms. You can also completely block plug-ins by using add-ons buttons for your browser.
- For information on the purpose and extent of the data processing by the social network concerned, and about the rights and settings possibilities for the protection of your private sphere, please refer to the data protection information provided by the social network in question.
Links to Third Party Websites
- Keeping your Personal Data secure is a priority to us. When we collect Personal Data through the IT-Platforms, we collect those on a secure server. We also use data networks protected, inter alia, by industry standard firewalls and password protection. Whilst we are unable to guarantee 100% security, we will do our best and take all reasonable measures in order not to allow your Personal Data to be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
Your Rights regarding your Personal Data
- You have the right to request access to the Personal Data which we may hold or process about you. Your request for information must be issued in writing, including a copy of your ID card or passport.
- Likewise, you have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Data free of charge. You may also demand the deletion of your Personal Data unless the applicable laws and regulations oblige us to store your personal data.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
Address: Sundae Schneider-Bean GmbH, 26 Birkenweg, 3293 Dotzigen, Switzerland